Schoolscapes has been designing, manufacturing and installing playground equipment since 1996. Our company was started in the U.K. by a British Landscape Design practice who felt that school grounds should be better designed to make them more of an extension of the classroom and a place in which to learn through play.
Since then Schoolscapes has become one of the UK’s largest and most experienced designer and provider of play and learning spaces to the education sector and international demand for our products and services has grown. There was a great deal of interest from the USA and conversations with many of the Landscape Architects and Education Professionals who contacted us indicated that the Schoolscapes ‘concept’ of using the school grounds for educational, Environmental and Social purposes would be enthusiastically received.
So in 2011 we formed a U.S. company, Schoolscapes Incorporated, and opened an office in Upstate New York, near the city of Rochester. We immediately reached out to other companies working with the U.S. education sector to see whether any of them shared our passion for exploring the environmental, social and educational benefits of outdoor play. Luckily we found several who seemed to share our vision of the Outdoor Classroom and we have partnered with them to bring you the initial Schoolscapes USA product range.
We are also in the process of setting up a new manufacturing facility to produce the Schoolscapes range of playground equipment here in the USA. When this up and running we will be able to offer you the biggest and best range of outdoor play and learning equipment available in the USA.
The Schoolscapes Concept
· Allowing children to experience and explore the world in the safe environment of the school grounds.
· Children learn more rapidly in their early years and most of that learning occurs through play. Help this process by giving them a play environment designed to facilitate learning.
· Socialization – providing opportunities for social interaction.
· Physical Fitness – Promoting Exercise and Healthy eating messages.
· Supervision – in designing a play area we always ensure that children can be seen and therefore supervised by the minimum number of people from one or two points. It seems obvious but it surprises us how often this is overlooked in play space design.
We would welcome the opportunity of talking to you about your play project, please call us on 1-315-906-0050 to find out how our FREE DESIGN SERVICE can help get you the dream playground your community needs.